Sunday, December 21, 2008

I finally heard from the GC's assistant Friday evening. I left three messages asking him to call me after I talked with the lumber yard. He said the tubing for the radiant floor wouldn't be delivered Friday (as promised) and that he had just given the information to the people who would be doing the work, and they were deciding the approach to take--there are three sizes of tubing to chose from. They would be here "sometime next week" do do the work. When I pressed him about the schedule, he said he was going as fast as he could with the resources he had. He also insisted that he had placed the order for the windows himself, would contact the lumber yard about it, and promised to get back with me about it. He has not called. Today is Sunday.

I told my wife about the window order, and she decided it is time to contact the attorney general and the better business bureau.

2 comments:

TruthorConsequence said...

Ever resolve these issues with your contractor ... did he complete the job?

Unknown said...

I didn't reply to this earlier because I couldn't identify you, and I'm pretty conservative about spammers and other crooks. I read a document today, though, that was sent me by HLTF. I still don't have your email, so I'll reply here. (HLTF, btw, are the folks who built the timber framing for my addition, and it's that non-payment from Mario that they interviewed you about. Thanks for getting my name right, too.)
I've been meaning to update this blog; in fact, I thought I had, so I'd better go do it! The short answer is that I haven't settled with Mario yet. The long answer--well, I may as well go put it on the blog. Thanks for reminding me.